The Chief Operating Officer acts as a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the CEO. This position directs and coordinates transit service delivery for the agency.
- Provide direction and support to the Operations Division to ensure attainment of organizational goals.
- Create The Rapid’s safety vision by guiding and developing safety rules.
- Develop, implement and direct budgets, goals, and business plans.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Assure that subordinate staff receive appropriate guidance, support, and training to enable them to effectively carry out their responsibilities and strengthen their skills and capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with external regulations and The Rapid’s policies and procedures.
- Acts as an onsite representative of The Rapid in the areas of labor relations, employee grievances, and contract negotiation strategy.
Skills & Abilities
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, master’s degree preferred; and five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn proprietary systems as necessary.